Mokutu is a boutique accommodation property with exceptional panoramic views across Norfolk Island’s lush valleys and ridges to the mountains and ocean. Offering a number of different room types to suit any type of traveller, and a relaxed atmosphere helps guests to unwind. Family friendly facilities.
Conveniently located a short drive from the town centre of Burnt Pine, beautiful and historic World Heritage listed Kingston, and just a stroll away from Two Chimneys Winery, Mokutu is set on two acres of peaceful, private, sub-tropical gardens, among eight acres of private Norfolk bushland. While at Mokutu you can do as much or as little as you please – enjoy some downtime relaxing by the pool, on the yoga deck or in the gardens, or get out and about and experience the uniqueness of Norfolk Island! On-site Day Spa facilities available on request.
The property consists of 5 iconic A-Frames Chalets, 5 homely Suites and 1 stand-alone Cottage. All are self-contained with separate kitchen, dining and living areas, TV, DVD, WIFI, spacious king size beds or comfy singles, individual outdoor settings and convenient access to the garden, pool and decks. All enjoy tranquil garden and mountain views (and some offer additional panoramic views through the valleys to the ocean) while the property offers a truly peaceful, relaxing atmosphere and genuine, friendly Island hospitality.
We personally meet all of our guests at the airport on arrival and include free airport transfers, a free half day Island Discovery Tour, free barbeque & full laundry facilities and a free WIFI allowance (300mb for A-Frames and 100mb for Suites). Car hire is available with free on-site parking along side your room.
Throughout 2014 & 2015 A-Frame Chalets @ Mokutu has been undergoing room and pool renovations as we continually endeavour to improve and update the property.
Mokutu – the ideal location, where we aim to make your stay relaxing and memorable, as you enjoy the very best of Norfolk Island – make it your retreat and revitalise!
Here are FIVE REASONS for you to choose A-Frame Chalets @ Mokutu as your Norfolk Island accommodation.
Here is what WE RECOMMEND you do on Norfolk while enjoying your Norfolk Island accommodation at Mokutu. Ask our Tour Desk for help with your itinerary.
5 THINGS FOR ADULTS Find places
1. ENJOY FOOD and WINE
– Cheese Tour: (Christian’s Tours)
– Culinary Journey
– Hilli Goat Farm Tour
– Two Chimneys Winery
– Norfolk Island Liqueurs
2. LEARN about our CULTURE and HISTORY
– Fletchers Mutiny Cyclorama
– Norfolk Island Museum
– Learn to weave at the Golden Orb Bookshop and Cafe
– Island Markets (each Sunday morning)
– Massage at Mokutu’s Day Spa
– Yoga with Candida
– Unwind reading a book under a Norfolk pine at the beach
4. SEE LOCAL ART
– Aatuti Art
– Gallery Guava
– Norfolk Island Cottage Pottery
5. NATURAL ADVENTURE
– Walk in the Park: (National Park Ranger Station) or (Innovations Norf’k Ailen for a DIY tour)
– DIY@Norfolk with a tour to out of the way places: (Innovations Norf’k Ailen)
– Take a walk down Anson Bay, at Simon’s Water, and 100 Acres
– Deep Sea Fishing: (Advance Fishing)
– Sea kayaking: (Advance Fishing)
– Snorkel at Emily and Slaughter Bays (hire gear available at Land and Sea)
5 THINGS FOR KIDS
1. JUST HAVE FUN
– Mini golf
– Go fishing from the pier at Cascade or Kingston (hire gear available at Land and Sea)
2. NATURAL ADVENTURE
– Rainforest walk
– Glass Bottom Boating: (Christian’s Tours)
– 4WD: (Christian’s Tours)
3. ENJOY an ICE CREAM TREAT
– Walk in the Wild
– Sweeties (the chocolate factory)
4. SPLASH IN THE POOL
– Have fun in the pool at Mokutu
5. GO TO THE BEACH
– At Emily Bay (one of the best beaches anywhere)